The Healing Room
Massage Therapy & Deep Tissue Massage
In the 21st Century there are a wide range of Therapeutic Massage treatments available for you, each massage offering you specific benefits. At The Healing Room whether you need a relaxing massage or a deeper therapeutic massage to address a particular issue, I'll work with you and tailor a complete treatment to suit your current issues.
Massage is great for your Mind, Body & Spirit
Make time ... Reflect on your lifestyle !
Simply relax ... improve your health and well being whilst investing in your long term health.
Relax, while those aches and pains are eased away using a range of traditional and cutting edge techniques.
Feel relaxed, refreshed & ready to face the world
What is Massage ?
Massage works holistically, bringing balance to the structures of the body by effectively manipulating the muscles and soft tissues, easing pain and stiffness in tense, aching muscles and increases muscular suppleness. Leaving you feeling relaxed and invigorated, supple and refreshed.
What are the benefits of Massage ?
- Massage is a great way to reduce stress and relax deeply.
- It stimulates & rebalances the body's structures and systems
- Manipulates soft tissue easing pain and stiffness in tense, aching muscles, increasing suppleness
- Massage boosts the immune system
- It encourages deeper and effective breathing which feeds the muscles with fresh oxygen
- It lowers high blood pressure
- Increases energy and reduces fatigue
- Massage improves circulation and lymphatic drainage
- Re-balances the digestive system stimulating the elimination system
- Massage deeply relaxes the mind and body by relaxing the nervous system
- It improves skin texture due to the exfoliating properties of massage
- All massage is beneficial for your mind, body and spirit
- Regular treatments are accumulative and great for your long term health
As a regular client I was lucky to treat myself to a Luxury Massage treatment and some time out for myself It was an excellent experience taking my usual massage treatment to a whole new level. I left feeling relaxed, nurtured, free from aches and pains and the Organic products had a beautiful fragrance leaving my skin feeling soft. I'm treating myself to an Ultimate Massage next time. Bliss.!Connie
What does Massage involve ?
After your complimentary consultation, natural organic oils and/or aroma therapeutic massage waxes are selected for your skin type and current emotional needs. As with any massage treatment at The Healing Room your modesty is always paramount and you will be covered with large towels. Only the area being worked on by your therapist is exposed.
Deep Tissue Massage
Deep tissue massage also known as Forearm Massage or No Hands Massage' These unique massage techniques have all the benefits of a traditional massage but, uses the therapist's forearms and elbows with minimal use of hands, offering you a deeper,
relaxing yet effective treatment. This client led massage uses varied pressure depending on your preference from a deep to a lighter pressure massage treatment.
What are the benefits of Forearm and deep tissue massage?
- No Hands is a smoother and deeper massage
- It stretches out the muscle fascia with long gliding, sweeping movements.
- It releases pain and tension quickly and effectively
- It improves circulation and lymphatic drainage
- Regular massage can increase energy, reduce fatigue and aid deep relaxation
- The benefits for the mind, body and soul are accumulative which is great news for your long term health.
This deeply relaxing treatment has been recommended by The Healing Room Clients.
Many thanks for the great blended treatment you gave me (Massage & Reiki). It was wonderful and I've felt much easier in my body and mind.
The treatments were excellent with the additional Reiki doing me a power of good. I'm feeling more positive about everything now.Thank you.
Thanks for the treatment. After the flight over from America I was miserable and in pain. You worked magic on my neck and back. I just wished you were here after my fight home. Thanks again.
Visitor from USA
I thoroughly enjoyed my deep tissue massage. I asked for slightly lighter pressure as I thought is was going to be painful. It was really relaxing and pleasantly deep. I feel great.
I've had many massages and this is the best one ever. I prefer a deeper treatment, to relax deeply and reduce my stress levels too. This treatment ticked all the right boxes.
A brief History of Massage
The earliest use of massage was recorded in China in 2,700 B.C. Massage is the manipulation of the soft tissue of the body to promote and restore your health and aid relaxation. Hippocrates, the famous Greek physician (400 B.C.), recommended that physicians should treat sports and war injuries with massage. The respected ancient cultures of Japan, Egypt, India, Greece, Rome and Arabia all considered massage to be beneficial for the mind, body and spirit.
Classical Massage 30 Minutes £35
Back, Neck and Shoulders
Classical & Deep Tissue Massage 60 Minutes £50
Full Body Back, Neck and Shoulders, Arms, Hands, Legs Feet, Decollette
Luxury & Deep Tissue Massage 60 Minutes £65
Hot Foot Cleanse, Full Body Back, Neck and Shoulders, Arms, Hands, Legs Feet, Decollette, Face and Head Massage with Luxurious doTERRA Organic Essential Oils
Ultimate Healing & Deep Tissue Massage 90 Minutes £80
Hot Foot Cleanse, Reiki infused Full Body Massage Back, Neck and Shoulders, Arms, Hands, Legs Feet, Decollette
Detoxifying Face and Head Massage with Luxurious doTERRA Organic Essential Oils concluding your treatment with energy balancing
Please note the above treatment suggestions are a guide if you need a focused treatment on specific problem areas your treatment can be modified for you.